Enable Health Society (EHS) works to reduce the impact of the HIV/AIDS epidemic, especially through building linkages with the government, greater involvement of people living with HIV and strengthening the capacity of public, private & community-based networks in providing quality care & support services to PLHA.
- Technical assistance
- Built the capacity of an NGO consortium, training more than 4000 peer educators, counsellors, social workers and health care providers (doctors, nurses, paramedics)
- Trained 494 NGO sector service providers in delivering home and community-based care
- Developed training curricula for peer educators and counsellors, in English and five regional languages
- Developed job aids to help outreach workers and field level personnel deliver information on HIV treatment adherence
- Oriented more than 400 school principals and teachers on adolescent health education
- Established four Continuing Education and Training centres to sustain capacity building efforts